Are you an event organiser from the Baltic Sea region?
Would you like to let more people know about your occurrence?
Learn how to be more effective in Internet promotion!
TIP 1: Basic Facebook activities at (practically) no cost:
- Create your institution's FB page (if you still do not have it);
- Create your event's FB page;
- Reserve time and resources (people, graphics) on managing both pages;
- Be regular in your posting;
- Respect copyrights.
TIP 2: #hashtag
Hashtag is a short expression with the # sign at the beginning. In the promotion of your event:
- Create one unified hashtag for use across all social channels;
- Use it in your e-mail signature;
- Put it on your website and Facebook fan pages.
In hashtagging, less means more, so avoid overusing it.
TIP 3: Event video and participant testimonials
The world is visual! Such should be your event promotion:
- Create a happy video from prior edition(s) of your event. It does not need to be professional, but it must be full of emotions!
- Make testimonials: either short videos or pictures with quotes attached
- Use authentic materials!